Friday, November 26, 2010

Aida

Well, I am falling far behind in my blogging and reading blogs.  I haven't really been active in blogoland for about 2 weeks.  I'm not really sure what's wrong with me....hmmm.  Anyways, I don't know if I have really written about this much before, but I am a humongo broadway enthusiast.  I have only been in one musical, and that would be Godspell (if you want to watch our production it is here, here, here, here, and here ) but I go to see them as much as I can whether they are a national traveling show, community production, high school production, or college production like the one I saw last weekend (if you only see one show in your lifetime see Lion King).  I literally could see a musical once a week and never get sick of them.
Aida is a beautiful love story, one that is timeless though it takes place in ancient Egypt.  It tells the story of Radames, captain of the Egyptian army, who falls in love with one of his Nubian captures, Aida who is the Nubian princess.  Radames is engaged to Amneris, the Egyptian princess, which was arranged by his power seeking father, but he doesn't love her.  Radames doesn't know what Aida is, he just thinks she is another slave, but he falls deeply in love with her and they have to keep their love a secret.  It is a very passionate story, and sad.  It is one of the only shows that has brought me to tears both times I have seen it, so bring tissues.  If you want to listen to some samples of songs, my favorites are found here, here, and here.  

I really love dogs (especially sweet baby Dexter), btw, if you couldn't tell.  I would have more than 3 of them like we have now if it wouldn't get me kicked out of my house haha
I got this gorgeous dress in August?? I think from FabGabs when she was having her $10 and $20 sale.  There were only a few things wrong with it, like the velvet trim being gone on one sleeve (which was an easy fix) and a few stains (which get lost in the folds), so over all I am pretty happy with it.  My mother took a buttload of pictures, so if you have any desire to see the rest, they are here.
Anyone seen Harry Potter yet?  Mom and I went to see it on Tuesday and I was in tears during the entire thing.  Harry Potter really means a lot to me- I started reading it in 7th grade, so its been practically an 11 year love journey with the characters.  I used to read them every summer, even when a new one wasn't released, so I have read at least the first 5 books 9+ times.  I think this movie was the most true to the book and boy was it dark and emotional.  I literally started crying as soon as Hermione *spoiler* ......................... obliviated herself from her parent's memory, and it was hard for me to stop.

What were everyone's thoughts on the movie?  Books?  Do you have a favorite scene... character... actor?  Maybe you don't like them.  I have a lot of friends who don't like them at all and I don't hate them for it :D I for one am totally in love with Jason Isaacs who plays Lucius Malfoy.  I don't necessarily like his character in the books, but in the movies Jason makes the character very alluring and fascinating.  I wish they showed more of him.  He is a very dashing man, am I right?

And looking at all these pictures I took, makes me realize I need a major haircut.  Yikes.  It makes me laugh, because a year ago I would have shot the guy who cuts my hair if he had taken off more than 1 inch every 6 months.  I grew my hair out for about 4 years straight, and as you can tell from the pictures, my hair was almost black. 
Sorry for the hair nostalgia, but it was something that I was very attached to during my college years, and I took a trip down memory lane with the pictures:D

I hope all my American friends had a blessed thanksgiving with their family and friends.

2 comments:

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

I think Fabgabs over prices her clothes. . I bought two dresses from her. One was supposedly in perfect shape but I hardly wore it more than 30 minutes and I noticed there were seams out in front and I had to resew it 3 times. I didn't complain or tell her though. It also had a stain on it that she made note of. Instead of spending as much as I did on it, It should have been only $30 with that condition.

anyway gorgeous dress. looks lovely on you!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

The last airbender. . .they changed the names pronunciation to how one would say things in Japan, which is odd since it is an american show.

I saw the Annette Funnicello version of Babes in Toyland once but it has been a very long time (maybe 20 years ago - so I was 7).

I'm going to see Harry Potter today!