Saturday, January 22, 2011

Antique Market Finds

This is what I found today at the Scott Antique Market:
One very frilly 40's pink dress
One delicate looking 30's nightgown that will be worn as a dress
One flowery flowey 30's dress with a bakelite Brooch and bias slip
One 40's summer envy inducing dress I can't wait to wear
One dusty rose 40's knit boucle outfit that is not as fat enhancing looking as I had feared
One 40's dress I very foolishly labeled as drab and boring until I put it on. Silly Me
One 40's teen fashion taffeta dress that if I suck everything in and never try to breathe actually fits and made me elated
One 40's forest green rayon dress that has beautiful draping, but a rather odd gold pin at the neck that is either buddha or a monkey god.  I'm not sure how I feel about either.
One pair of navy and ivory 50's/60's sunglasses that were a steal
One pair of black 50's/60's sunglasses with perfectly intact rhinestones that I will now on and forever refer to as my movie star glamour glasses
One 40's brick red wintery dress with velvet accents

and we came home to..................................




















One very excited and playful little Dexie.

8 comments:

Hep~Kitten said...

What lovely finds!!

Malayka said...

Wow it looks like you did VERY well. I am so envious, it is near impossible to find anything before the 1970s here in New Zealand.

Lexy Mademyday said...

I love the boring dress and the forest green one!;)
And your hat boxes are lovely!

Kate said...

Wow, so many great finds! All of the dresses are very lovely :)

Vivian V. Dimples said...

What an amazing hall! I am so jealous.

Leanne Elizabeth Manning. said...

I never seem to find such lovely stuff as you have! Any secrets ;) hehe.


Leanne

Brynna said...

Great finds!!! Those dresses are all so pretty! And after seeing your cute little stack of hat boxes I think I need to track down some of my own!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

You find the coolest and prettiest clothing.