Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sun, I Almost Forgot About You

Is it sunny and warm where you are?  Jeepers, I thought it was forever Autumn now, but the weather decided to back track on that idea this weekend.  Goodness me, has it been nice the last few days.  I do so hope and wish it to continue, though I know it won't.  I felt a little odd wearing pink and white check dress in October because it is so cheery and summery, yet October is usually so gloomy and fall-ish.
 I only realized this morning that I don't have any white shoes.  Yes, I know the rule of no white after labor day, but honestly...who created that rule and why.  Why can't I wear white after the beginning of September.  It's still Summery in September.  Stupid rule.
I don't usually do my hair in a 60's style, but my dress was definitely a homemade 60's special (that I had to basically resew because all the seams had come undone).  So, I pulled out my handy dandy vintage hairstyling book that I know everyone has and found the Receptionist (I believe) hairstyle.
Well, it called for large hot rollers, and I only have about 6 large hot rollers, and I am always pressed for time in the morning before church, so I set it in Velcro medium sized curlers last night.  Don't ask me how I slept in them, I'm really not sure myself.
Plus my bangs are at this awful length where they are about and inch or so below my eyes, so its too long to have down and too short to tuck behind my ear.  It gets quite annoying, so if anyone has any tips on what to do with the bangs please let me know.  I followed the instructions pretty closely, though I have lost my rat tail comb, so I had to use a normal comb to tease the sections.  My hair isn't quite long enough to actually do a full twist so I had to kind of make up some of the embellishments as I went along.  I don't think it turned out too bad.
Now I need to get back to sewing.  I have my own beautiful (and still relatively neat) sewing room to use, and I haven't really sewed anything in weeks.  I must be sick or something.  That never happens.  I also finally cleaned out a section of the closet that was holding about 14 years worth of dance costumes and 4-H sewing projects...that was a job.  Speaking of job, I think I mentioned I got a temporary respite care job about 4 weeks ago.  I was under the impression that it was only going to last about 6 weeks, but the mom just told me she wants to keep me permanently.  Yay!  It is in the evenings and is a very relaxed environment and pretty easy job, so I was super excited about that.  Even if I find a full time job instead of my other 2 part time jobs, I will still be able to do the respite care job.  That's all my news for now, I believe....oh wait.  What's everyone going to be for Halloween.  I'm not sure if I am actually going to have anywhere to go on Halloween, but it's fun to think up a costume.  And, I listed about 25 different sewing patterns in my store if you like to sew, check them out.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Love the dress! Congrats on the job :)

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

looks very cute!!!