Sunday, October 17, 2010

Daily Outfit

And...my mother's birthday celebration continues!  Church today we had one combined service to send off our retiring senior pastor.  It was quite a lovely service, but very long.  The orchestra played 2 songs, so I was sitting with them the entire time.  I also sang with the choir for the first time this year.

 Because of my respite care job, I have not been able to attend rehearsals.  Boo.  I didn't realize how much I actually missed it until I was up there on stage with my choir friends singing.  I heard from more than one member that they wouldn't mind if I just showed up for the practices we have on Sundays right before the service, so I might just do that.  I do truly love singing.  It is my favorite form of worship.
 After the almost 2 hour service we had today, we had a small family lunch at the nicest place to eat in Marysville.  I ate a yummy Lobster Bisque and sweet potato fries, and it was quite delicious and quite unhealthy, thank you very much.  I don't do healthy, as if you couldn't tell from my ravioli post.
My outfit today I found at an antique mall, where I find most of my clothes.  It is a 1940's party dress.  I love the simple detailing in it, like the gathering under the pockets, and the pink under the black lace.  And I love the silhouette shape of it.
 Welpers, that is it for now.  I'm off to finish season 4 of Doctor Who.  Sad day...David Tennant why did you have to leave (even though I am totally in love with Matt Smith as the new doctor)?  And I am going to decide what I will carve on my pumpkin this year.  I found this totally awesome scifi site (if you like scifi) that has pumpkin carving templates of different characters from scifi shows.  Talk about a difficult decision. 

4 comments:

Kate said...

Love that dress!

And yay, another Doctor Who fan :) I was sad to see David Tennant go too but I really do like Matt Smith (which I wasn't expecting).

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful...Love David as the Dr.Sorry I don't like the new one!

Courtney said...

That dress is lovely!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

incredible dress!!!!