Thursday, May 13, 2010

Blousey Goodness

Alrighty.  First things first.  I finished a blouse.  Exciting times, I know.  I used a 1940's blouse pattern, and originally wanted to go more the Rosie the Riveter route for the pattern, but then I found this great dotted swiss flower fabric at Joann Fabrics, and thought it looked like it could pass for a feedsack fabric.  What do you think.

As you can tell, the fabric hides flaws very well since you can't even see the detailed pleating in it, so I guess that is good.  This was one of those patterns I had to alter up a size and it came out pretty good.  It could have been a little bigger around the bottom hem, but it is meant to be worn with a high-waisted skirt or pants so the fact that it doesn't close all the way will be hidden.  And now I am working on a post for Glee.  It will be quite long and probably only interest me, but I don't really care.  it may be done late tonight, or it might have to wait until tomorrow.

No comments: